Provides an opportunity to combine several draw and paint applications into one design and layout class. Students will explore advanced techniques and layout class. Students will explore advanced techniques in creating and designing computer art.
Students are expected to develop the ability to:
- Create sophisticated, appropriate colour palettes and use colour and contrast effectively in their work.
- Create drawings in traditional media that show a command of proportion, perspective, and value contrast.
- Prepare images for professional publication with Photoshop retouching, correction, composition, or collage.
- Create engaging and readable layout designs that attract the eye using fundamental design and composition techniques.
- Develop effective logo designs from a client brief using an iterative design process.
- Create simple, styled logos, icons, and illustrations in illustrator.
- Manipulate framing, perspective, distance, and lighting to take professional-level digital photographs in a range of settings.
- Develop competence in various print design genres including poster design, logo/branding/ design, magazine layouts, cover design and packaging.
Programme graduates are prepared for entry-level graphic design positions in advertising, print production, publishing, and computer graphics. Potential employers for graphic design graduates include specialized design firms, advertising firms, printers, publishers (newspaper, magazine, book) computer systems design firms, and motion picture production firms.