This course is introduction to video post-production. We explore the theory and practice of various editing styles in order to gain a better understanding of how stories are constructed in the editing room. Through demonstrations and hands-on experience, students learn advanced editing techniques with an in-depth examination of Final Cut X. To further enhance projects, students create animated motion graphics using Motion or After Effects. Strong emphasis is placed on post-production techniques that improve the sound and image quality of the videos. Footage is provided for all exercises and projects. However, students are given the option to shoot new material for their final projects if desired.
After successful completion of this course the student should:
– Better understand techniques editors use to construct stories.
– Have a thorough working knowledge of a non-linear editing software.
– Be able to do professional style color correction.
– Know how to create high quality motion graphics.
– Understand video formats and principles.